Rejoice – your time is at hand! This post proudly proclaims the long-awaited sequel . . . ConnCon 2008!
With hotel wrangling by our very own Kim, Pb.D and taking place this September in her new hometown of Hartford, Connecticut, ConnCon will be another laid-back affair of chaos, panic, disorder and downright FUN. Here are the details so far:
- September 25 (Thursday) through 28 (Sunday)
- We have special room rates of $115/night (not including taxes) at the Hartford Hilton. Call during the day to speak to a reservations agent, referencing the “Newshounds” group. Eventually a special website will be set up to book our rooms online. Don't delay - book your room prior to August 25, at which time our locked-in special rate evaporates.
- Thursday, informal reception at Kim’s Flophouse and Crab Shack.
- Friday, tour the Mark Twain and Harriet Beecher Stowe houses, then crash at the hotel in the P.T. Barnum meeting room (no, really) for a cash bar, a group showing of Outfoxed (bring your nerf-balls to fling), and maybe some liveblogging for the folks at home.
- Saturday, get in Bentley time-travel mode as we take a field trip (bring your garb if you have it!) to the Connecticut Renaissance Faire! Tickets and info available online here.
- Sunday, who knows?
- The schedule for all the con days is completely fluid and relaxed. Dress casually.
- Because you will laugh longer and louder than at any other time in your history, enjoy the company of like-minded folk who for most of us are already like family, and with any luck a concentration of that many of us in one place will cause a great disturbance in the Force – in a good way!
WOOT for ConnCon 2008, coming in September! And a huge thank-you to Kim for doing all the on-site legwork. Hoping to see lots of you there!